Hemp oil refers to oil that is extracted from the hemp plant’s stalk. The process of extraction consists of solvents that are used to remove the oil from the stalk. Several solvents are utilized commercially, with each being associated with certain features and benefits. Extraction methods include CO2, hexane or burane, olive oil, and ethanol extraction.
Using Hemp Oil
- Hemp oil is found in a variety of delivery forms. It can be smoked through vaporization, applied sublingually or topically or consumed orally.
- Applying the oil sublingually or vaporization of hemp oil enables a quick onset of action of CBD while edible products and pills can take an average of several minutes ranging from 30-90 minutes to take effect.
- With topical hemp oil, the application can be directly on areas of inflammation or pain although it can be absorbed within the systematic circulation as well.
Regarding the benefits of hemp oil, this is actually in reference to the benefits of CBD in the hemp oil. As more studies about the benefits of CBD oil are undertaken, the clinical evidence and research available are certainly compelling.
- Hemp oil continues to be used by patients with epilepsy to decrease seizure activity.
- CBD oil has the ability to reduce activity within the limbic component of the human brain that is responsible for the fight or flight or response.
- CBD oil can reduce cognitive impairment and anxiety significantly.
- Various studies show that the topical use of hemp oil can address inflammation and pain. However, current data shows that combining THC and CBD is an effective solution for pain.
- CBD oil can help to prevent social recognition deficit from developing, which occurs commonly in Alzheimer’s disease. Learn more at https://farma.health/.
- CBD also serves as a potent antioxidant that can protect the body from toxic and free radical damage. It has also been recognized for effects such as balancing the immune system, protecting the gut, dealing with nausea as well as an anti-depressant.
Choosing Hemp Oil Products
When determining the hemp oil that you should use, criteria worth considering includes the following:
- Organically grown hemp plants to reduce exposure to pesticides.
- Hemp oil extracted using olive oil, ethanol or CO2.
- Find out the chemical composition of the oil and whether there are unwanted contaminants.
- For vape pens, ensure that propylene glycol is not a thinning agent. This is because when the chemical is heated, it may have carcinogenic properties.
There are a number of guidelines when deciding the optimal hemp oil does.
- Each individual has a different biochemical and genetic makeup. People respond differently to doses of CBD and testing will help you determine the doses that are most ideal for you.
- It is advisable to begin at a lower dose of oil and gradually increase it to achieve the desired effect. Oral products may take half an hour or more before the benefits are noticed.
- You can maintain sufficient blood levels by spacing out the doses instead of a single large does per day.
- There are times when smaller doses have a more significant effect than large doses. You need to discover the right dosage for you since you are biochemically and genetically different from other people.