Every individual has to face skin dryness during winter. Cold weather acts as wild fire for smooth skin. In addition to this some other factors also contribute including aging, nutritional deficiencies and sometime genetic predisposition.
There are many moisturizers and lotions available in the market to cope with dry skin. Natural home remedies are not only cheap but also more effective and quite nourishing and hydrates the dry skin.
Here are the best top ten homemade remedies for dry skin.
1. Olive Oil
Olive oil contains some antioxidants and fatty acids that are good for healthy skin. It will help to condition the dry skin.
- Dab some oil under your moisturizer
- Before taking shower rub oil on your body parts and then take shower with moisturizer
- Mix olive oil with brown sugar. Rub this on your skin and then take shower it will give pleasant look
2. Milk Cream
Exfoliation of skin can be done by lactic acid present in the milk creams. The soothing nature of the cream also helps to regulate pH of the skin. In addition to this it also acts as an efficient moisturizers.
- Mix two spoons pf milk with milk cream and few drops of lemon juice. Rub it on your body. Leave it for few minutes and then take shower.
- Mix gram flower with enough milk cream to form thick paste. Apply this paste on your skin. Leave it for 15 minutes and then wash with lukewarm water. Do this daily.
Milk has the soothing and anti-inflammatory properties which greatly help in getting rid of dry and itchy feeling. Lactic acid helps in the removal of dead skin cells and increase the body’s ability to retain moisture. In addition it helps to lighten skin complexion.
- Soak cotton wool or cloth in milk then put it on your dry skin for few minutes. After this wash the milk with some natural water or with lukewarm water if available. It will help to moisturize your skin in a natural way.
- Add some lemon juice to rose water then add few spoons of milk in it. Rub this solution gently on your body. Leave for few minutes and then wash body with cold water. Follw the same procedure every day.
Honey is considered as the best natural moisturizer having antioxidant properties. In addition to this it has also antimicrobial and humectant properties. It will help to lock moisture to help you to get soft and smooth skin. Honey is enriched minerals and vitamins that will help to improve your skin.
- Before taking shower gently massage your body with honey and leave for few minutes. Repeat the same procedure before every bath.
- Melt the beeswax with honey and olive oil. Apply the resultant mixture on the body and leave for few minutes. Then take shower to get better look than ever.
Yogurt is known as skin hydrating agent since after its formation centuries ago. It has antioxidant and soothing properties help to reduce dryness and itching. In addition to this it has lactic acid help in removing any bacteria which cause dryness and itching sensation.
- Apply yogurt directly on your skin and massage gently. Leave for few minutes then take bath. It will remove dryness of skin.
- Mix half cup of yogurt with meshed papaya. Stir it in some honey and lemon juice, then apply directly on skin and then take bath.
- Coconut Oil
Coconut oil was used in early ages because of its ability to moisturize skin. Now a day its use gain importance because of the advancement in research. It is enriched with fatty acids that help to restore the moisture lost by the body.
- Apply warm coconut oil on your body before going to bed every night. Wash off your body in the morning to get pleasant look.
- Apply coconut oil soon after taking a bath. It is necessary because when body is warm the oil will absorb readily in to the skin and work more effectively.
It is highly enriched with vitamins, fatty acids and antioxidants that will readily help to improve skin. It is well known that vitamin A helps to restore and maintain the smoothening and silkiness of the skin.
- Mesh up the avocado. Rub the paste on your skin. Leave for at least 10 minutes then rinse with cold water. Repeat the same steps daily.
- Mesh some avocado and then mix it in honey. Apply the resultant mixture gently on skin and leave it for at least 20 minutes. Then take bath to get good look.
- Alternatively you can also drink mesh avocado to increase your healthy fats to restore the moisture of your body.
- Pour some oatmeal in your bath tub then add warm water in it. Add lavender oil in it. Then take a bath and enjoy its healthy effects.
- Add little lukewarm to the mixture of finally meshed banana and oatmeal. Apply the resultant mixture on your skin and then take bath.
9. Almond Oil
Almond acts as excellent lubricant enriched with vitamin E. Additionally it has excellent antioxidant properties which are good for overall skin.
- Gently warm some almond oil. Massage it on your body. After that take a health bath.
- Daily drink one cup of milk with one tea spoon of almond oil.
10. Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera has many properties that are helpful to decrease dryness these include antiseptic, soothing, and antifungal as well, that will help to moisturize your skin. This will help to form a protective layer which help to keep your skin moist.
- Cut the Aloe Vera and squeeze the gel out and then rub it on your skin
- Leave it for almost 20 minutes
- Rinse body with lukewarm water
- Repeat the same procedure twice a day.
All these home remedies are very fruitful for your skin.