The key to a radiant, healthy, shining skin is right there within your arm’s range. Many items present in our homes provide natural skin care. Regular skin care merchandises are the best for any skin type. You can attain and healthy supple skin though a three tier approach involving diet, exercise and cosmetics especially natural home made.
Here is a systematic guide to natural skin care
- Diet – drink two to three litres of water daily to detoxify. Have a rich diet full of vegetables, fruits. Increase the fibre content in your daily diet. Avoid excess sugar as it damages collagen in skin and makes it lose its elasticity.
- Invigorate your sluggish lifestyle. Come on, get moving!! Go to the gym or just stretch. You will see the result in few days.
- Limit intake of alcohol and caffeine.
- Keep stress at minimum levels
- Go for a daily skin care regime that is, cleanse, tone and moisturize. Check out for natural skin care creams, which contain alpha lipoic acid as it, tighten pores and give skin a healthy radiance. You can also make a natural toner at home with herbs like dried rosemary, thyme, bay leaf which work on any skin type except very sensitive parts. You will feel refreshing.
- Follow it by a natural skin care mask so as to remove the dead top layer of skin. Honey mixed with Egg yolk makes a great mask. If buying toner from market, make sure it’s alcohol free as alcohol dries skin.
- Next, apply moisturizer to hydrate your skin externally. Olive oil is a wonderful moisturizer. A combination of lavender essential oil, chamomile oil is also a good moisturizer for all skin types. Or just go for a mixture of cucumber juice and butter milk to soften your skin.
- Go for an exfoliation once a fortnight to remove dead cells and revitalize the skin through blood circulation. Oatmeal combined with mashed apple is an excellent exfoliater. Rich in vitamin B and E this works wonders on the skin.
- Apply sunscreen with a SPF of minimum 15 at least 10 minutes before going out of house. If you get a suntan, soothe yourself with a mixture of curd and cucumber juice.
- Use cosmetics judiciously as they are not customized as per individual requirements. Learn about your skin type first and then try commercial products.
- Natural skin care is not so laborious at times as it looks to be. Extracts and pulps of most fruits and vegetables serve as effective masks and toners – you just have to be aware of them; but yes, results may vary from person to person.
A few handy tips:
- Fruits and vegetables – rejuvenate, revitalize the skin
- Curd and cream mixed with Oat meal – exfoliator
- Honey – moisturizes
- Aloevera gel – hydrates, detoxes
- Lemon juice, cucumber juice – toner
- Rice flour mixed with curd – cleanser