People of any kind of skin and of any age can be affected with blackheads. Most often issue is severe during growing period such as teenage or in adolescent period. It is sometimes referred to as open comedones, it arises in the opening of hair follicles as yellow or black bumps due to the combination of excess sebum. It is built up due to dirt and remains of the dead cells.
The black appearance of the bumps is due to the oxidation and not because of the dirt. This happens because the pores are always exposed to the air and as a result black appearance arises.
Different factors increasing the black heads
Different factors leading to the black heads are hormonal imbalance in the body, misuse of the cosmetics, improper skin remediation and stress. In addition to these factors another factor leading to the black heads is the genetics. Black heads can be easily recognized in areas such as nose. But they can also appear on the back, chest, arms, neck and sometime shoulders as well.
Different prescribed medicines are available in the market to treat black heads. But natural treatments are proved to be very effective and they are easy to carryout.
Top ten home remedies for black heads.
- Baking Soda
Baking soda is easily available in kitchen and are very effective against black heads and acne. It has the ability to clear skin impurities like debris and dirt.
- Take two spoons of soda and mix with natural water to for slurry
- Massage gently on the affected areas. Allow to dry for few minutes and then wash with water
- Repeat the same treatment until the desired results appears
Cinnamon can be effectively use a remedy against blackheads
- Mix one spoon of cinnamon powder with lemon juice and turmeric powder
- Massage gently on face with paste
- An alternative method is to mix a teaspoon of cinnamon powder with honey. Apply it on face and leave for overnight. On the next day wash with natural water and repeat the same procedure for at least 2 weeks.
Oatmeal and yogurt are very effective in combination against black heads.
- In sufficient oatmeal mix juice of four to five tomatoes and honey to make a slurry
- Massage it on face
- Wash when it gets harder
- Repeat the same steps for a month
An alternative to this is mix the oatmeal with three tablespoons of plain yogurt and make paste by adding lemon juice. Repeat the above mentioned steps until the desired results appear.
- Lemon Juice
Lemon juice is effective in case of acne but can be effectively used as a remedy against blackheads. It is advisable because lemon juice have potentials against skin.
- Cut the lemon in half and add few drops of honey in it. To get extra exfoliation you can also add sugar as well then rub it on your face and nose and wash with natural water after few minutes.
- In addition to this you can also mix it with milk and then apply it on the affected areas. This can be used as face cleaner.
- Green Tea
Though it seems awkward to include green tea but the ingredients in it are very effective against black heads.
- Take few pieces of green tea leaves and mix it with water to make a slurry
- Gently massage the face and affected areas with the slurry. This will help in removing the oil form skin and open the pores and as a result helps in dirt removal
- Wash it with lukewarm water if available otherwise take help of natural water
Honey has the best balancing quality which is effective in both oily skin and blackheads as well. Honey helps in skin hydration and as a result tighten the skin pores and give a clear look.
- The simplest thing to apply on skin is the honey use it directly on skin and left it for 20 minutes
- Rinse face with natural water
Turmeric is used mostly in case of burns but has the ability to minimize the blackheads as well
- Take two table spoons of mint juice and mix it with turmeric powder. Apply it on areas affected with blackheads and leave to dry for 30 minutes. The wash the area with natural water.
- You can also make slurry with sandalwood, milk and turmeric powder. After 10 to 20 minutes wash the skin with lukewarm water.
- Epsom Salt
Epsom salt is another material that is easily available and is effective against blackheads.
- Mix iodine and Epsom salt in warm water to mix it completely then allow the mixture to cool to normal room temperature
- Use cotton wool to apply it on the face
- Then clean it with washcloth
Cornmeal can be effectively used against dirt and clean the dirt blocking agents.
- Mix one or two table spoon cornmeal powder with facial cleanser
- Open the pores with the help of steam before using the paste
- Apply the mixture on affected areas and then massage gently
- Wash areas with cold natural water.
Fenugreek is the simplest home remedy for blackheads.
- Mix the paste by mixing fresh fenugreek leaves with natural water
- Apply it on the affected areas and leave for 10 minutes to dry. After this wash with lukewarm water
- Apply the same procedure for the desired results