Generic Viagra is a citrate salt of Sildenafil, popularly used for treating Erectile Dysfunction. Since its inception, the drug has become a household name due to its potential to provide men with easy solutions to their erection problems. Doctors have been recommending this medication to treat erectile dysfunction, soft erections and holding on to erections. Due to its effectiveness, the drug has acted as a pillar of success in people’s lives. But given the increased usage and interactions with other drugs, the medication should be taken with care. It’s crucial to explain the doctor about other undergoing medications to get a suitable dosage of this medicine!
Cases where Sildenafil can prove to be dangerous
People resort to using cheap sildenafil 100mg pills for recreational use. Not only is it harmful but also invites interactions with other drugs leading to serious health consequences.
Therefore, it is important for the person to state all prescribed, non-prescribed, nutritional, herbal, diet and beauty medications taken by them.
- Excessive consumption of alcohol
- Contraindication with other medications
- Reaction to other health conditions
- Recreational use
- History of proven side-effects
- Without any medical need
Under all of these situations, when Sildenafil is consumed by the person, it can not only be dangerous but also lead to serious hazards to health. This can be something very normal like fever, nausea, headaches, etc. or lead to life-altering diseases like heart attack, hypertension, etc.
Medicines that shouldn’t be taken with Sildenafil
In aid to promote better use of this drug, numerous health agencies and medical associations have released lists of medications which react adversely with viagra pills for men! While one should take the advice of a certified doctor before consuming any of these tablets, he/she should also avoid taking these medications along with an ED drug.
- Warfarin (blood thinning)
- Alpha Blockers like Minipress(Prazosin), Terazosin, Cardura, Flomax, Alfuzosin, etc.
- Antifungal medications like Sporanox, Onmel, Nizoral
- Any form of nitrates like Amyl nitrate, Nicorandil, Isosorbide Mononitrate etc.
- Dapoxetine (medicine to treat premature ejaculation)
- Other ED drugs like Cialis, Tadalafil, Adcirca, etc.
- Pulmonary arterial hypertension medicines
- Some barbiturates like Floricet, Butapap, Fiorinal, etc.
- Beta Blockers like Trandate, Nadolol, InnoPran, Tenormin, etc
- HIV Protease inhibitors – Ritonavir, Prezista, Prezcobix, etc.
- Medicines prescribed for high blood pressure
- Medications for treating seizures – Epitol, Dilantin, Carbatrol, Phenytek etc
- Vitamin and nutrition supplements like Omega-3 polyunsaturated Fatty acids, Vitamin B12, Vitamin C, Vitamin D3, etc
- Routine drugs like Paracetamol, Cetrizine, Aspirin, etc
- Diabetes medications like Xanax, Alprazolam, Alfusin, etc.
Side-effects of Sildenafil on interactions with other drugs
Sildenafil is a powerful drug. As much effective it is in treating erectile dysfunction if it is not taken as per the safety measures and instructions, it can invite a lot of health problems. Its side-effects are based on the misuse, interaction with other drugs, and un-prescribed use.
Common side-effects that vary with use:
- A headache
- Nose bleeding
- Disturbed sleep
- Sensitiveness to light
- Visual impairment
- Tingling sensation in hands
- Prolonged erections
Some rare side effects of Sildenafil pills include:
- Painful erections
- Erections that last longer than 4 hours
- Allergic reactions like swelling in the body, difficulty in breathing, rashes etc
- Hearing problems
- Heart attack
- Chest pain
- Epilepsy attacks
- Shakiness in hand and legs
One should not delay seeking the doctor’s advice when they experience any of these side effects as they can lead to serious repercussions.
Interactions with alcohol and smoking
There are health risks associated with lifestyle habits like alcohol and smoking. And when paired with ED drugs, the interactions between the medications can cause health hazards that can be taxing! Sildenafil reacts adversely with alcohol and smoking. And so, it is not advised to consume this drug when one is under any of these conditions.
However, some health associations advise that adults can drink a maximum of 14 units of alcohol in a week. Any amount exceeding it can lead to health concerns. As alcohol damages, the arteries, taking any ED drug with alcohol not only reduces the efficacy of the drug but can bring in other health problems.
It is best advised to treat habits of alcohol and smoking first, and then begin with the ED treatment for effective results!
Interaction other health conditions!
As the presence of the drug can make the health conditions more serious, it’s important to establish the health condition one is in, to understand their need of PDE 5 inhibitor.
Sildenafil should not be consumed under health conditions like:
- Cardiovascular diseases or heart problems
- Liver diseases
- Seizures or Epilepsy
- Hypotension or Hypertension
- Inherited eye diseases
Sildenafil is a PDE5 inhibitor commonly used to treat ED in men. It has shown tremendous results and has seen immense growth in the number of prescriptions given by doctors. As this medicine is known to react with other drugs, doctors advise patients to choose the safest place to buy Sildenafil online.
For the best of your sexual health and wellness, it’s recommended to consult a doctor and specify the medicines you are already on, to choose a safer treatment for erectile dysfunction.
Sexual health is important, but not at the cost of your life!